Discover the difference between making a robot move and making a robot think.
Using Mindstorms EV3 and LeJOS―an open source project for Java Mindstorms projects―you’ll learn how to create Artificial Intelligence (AI) for your bot. Your robot will learn how to problem solve, how to plan, and how to communicate. Along the way, you’ll learn about classical AI algorithms for teaching hardware how to think; algorithms that you can then apply to your own robotic inspirations.
If you’ve ever wanted to learn about robotic intelligence in a practical, playful way, Beginning Robotics Programming in Java with LEGO Mindstorms is for you.
What you’ll learn:
- Build your first LEGO EV3 robot step-by-step
- Install LeJOS and its firmware on Lego EV3
- Create and upload your first Java program into Lego EV3
- Work with Java programming for motors
- Understand robotics behavior programming with sensors
- Review common AI algorithms, such as DFS, BFS, and Dijkstra’s Algorithm
Who this book is for:
Students, teachers, and makers with basic Java programming experience who want to learn how to apply Artificial Intelligence to a practical robotic system.